Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My Standard Break From Life

I've decided to finally break my fast from blogging. It's funny how when I am not at all busy, I can never find time to blog...but when I should be really busy, I somehow manage to squeeze it in. I think there's a word for that. Procrastination? That may be it.

I was telling my sister-in-law and mom the other day that I wanted to wait to blog until I had my quilt and blanket done that I had been working on. I've had the blanket done for a few months (Thanks to my Aunt Debie for letting me use her quilting frames!). I just barely finished up my quilt about a week before I moved to school. I had SO many people help me with this quilt! There's no way I would have finished it on my own. A few shoutouts to my Grandma Couch, Mom, Camille, Aunt Joan, Aunt Sharon, Aunt Tammi, and Sarah! I absolutely LOVE the final product! I don't have a picture of my blanket yet, but I'll post one of my quilt. It's adorable if I do say so myself. (I can't get my picture to post now, but I WILL post is shortly)

For those of you that don't know, I'm now living in Herriman, Utah. I live with two of my cousins, Mindy and Jessica Couch. The townhouse we're living in is really nice and I really love it! The only downside is the commute to Orem each day for school. It's about a 30 minute drive, but it usually goes by really fast so it's not too bad. I've officially decided what I want to be when I want to grow up...and that is a Paralegal. I just started into the program this semester, and I should be able to graduate in four semesters.

So far I am really enjoying my classes. I have one class that is a bit ridiculous, but all the other ones are great! I actually WANT to do the homework and finish all the reading...which doesn't happen very often. I'm excited to take classes that are challenging and that I can't just coast by in. These intro classes that I'm taking this semester aren't too tough of course, but they're still interesting to me.

One last thing....It's my baby sister's sweet sixteen today! She's seriously the funnest (yes, it's a word) person to be around! She can make anyone laugh. She's also the sweetest person I know....she feels bad when she tells even the littlest white lie and can't handle making anyone feel bad at all. I love you Mill! Have a great birthday!
blogger

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update Katie :) Good luck with your classes, it sounds like you are really enjoying them! We just got off skype with your family and watched Millie open up her presents. She is loving the new phone haha, it was so funny to watch! Love you!

    ReplyDelete