Monday, April 4, 2011

Check Yes or No

This weekend was simply fantastic. One of the best I've had in a long time.

It all started with the Jazz v. Lakers game on Friday night. My parents had gotten us tickets for Luke's birthday, which was pre the great Sloan and Williams debacle. Needless to say, I was wary of how entertaining the 'game' was going to be. Although the final score would not suggest it, the game was actually a really good one (up until halfway through the third quarter). The Jazz were actually winning the entire game, by quite a bit...but in classic Jazz fashion, lost the 12 point lead that they had maintained for the majority of the game in the fourth quarter. We ended up losing 85-96. We both still had a fun time though. It's always fun to go out and do something out of the ordinary on the weekends.

The best part of the entire game actually happened before the doors even opened. They say a picture says a thousand words. In that case, I'll say no more on this subject and simply share the two pictures that make me jump with joy every time I see them.




:):):) I know that I said I would say no more on the subject. I lied. These two were SO nice. They were both nice enough to stop and sign a couple autographs and snap a quick picture with us (yes, we got autographs as well). Needless to say, it was a pretty good start to our weekend.

My Uncle Bruce works security at the Energy Solutions Arena (which will always be the Delta Center to me). Before the game, we went to give him a quick hello. Since he was down on the floor, we got to sit front row to watch some players warm up. As much as I hate the Lakers, I do like Odom and Gasol. Because of this, I find this picture adorable:

We also snapped this picture of us before the game.



Due to the extreme classiness of the Lakers' fans (and admittedly the Jazz fans), after the game there were multiple fights breaking out. A complete stranger decided it was necessary to approach me as I was leaving the arena to say, 'Go on home baby girl. Your team sucks.' People these days...After the game, we headed to Luke's aunt's house. His mom and little sister were down for the weekend, and they were staying there as well. We all stayed up WAY too late Friday night, but had fun :)

Saturday morning/afternoon consisted of Luke and I going to Bed, Bath & Beyond to register. It took SO freaking long! We did a lot better than we had at Target (where we registered for a whopping 27 items). Bed, Bath, & Beyond was very helpful because they had a little list of suggestions for things to register for for each room in your house. It helped organize our thoughts better than I thought it would. I'm now in the process of comparing registries. I think we'll fill in the little things that we need but aren't registered for at either BB&B or Target when we go register at Walmart.

Saturday evening we went to the George Strait concert. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. Loved him last time we saw him...loved him this time. He's great. We went with Luke's mom, his sister, his aunt, and his cousin. Words can't even describe how much fun it was. Luke's mom won some tickets that were a few rows closer than ours, so me and Luke's cousin went over and sat in them for the opening acts. The seats were nice there, but the company better in our other spot, so we headed back for George. There's really nothing else to say except for that he is amazing.

Overall, it was a really great weekend. This next weekend is going to have an awfully hard time matching it.



This weekends straight smiles:
1) Arby's turkey bacon club. Try it. You won't regret it.
2) Seeing my future mother-in-law, sister-in-law, aunt-in-law, and cousin-in-law. They're the best. So much fun to be around.
3) Got to see one of our good friends Tom for about 70 seconds before he caught his flight back to California.
4) Had a lot of fun and laughs registering with Luke :)
5) I feel like this one is too obvious and shouldn't count, but I'm counting it anyways. The concert and the game. I'll remember this weekend all my life, so I think it deserves to be one of the weekend's straight smiles.

This weekends sly smiles:
1) A girl tried to pick a fight with me at the Laker's game = Made me realize how easy it is for people (including myself) to get so caught up in something as silly as a game, that they forget what is really important. I was able to apply this to the little things in my life that I put importance in, when I should be focusing more on better things....like helping others.
2) Coming out of the concert only to be soaked by a terrible rain storm = Luke ended up running to go grab the car, which made it so I didn't have to walk the few blocks to get to it...and my feet were already hurting.
3) Forgetting to double check the tip-off time for the game, and arriving about an hour and a half before the doors opened = gave me and Luke a chance to go for a short walk and talk. One of my favorite parts of the weekend
4) Having to say goodbye to my future in-laws and their adorable little dog = I get to see them either this coming weekend or next!
5) I really don't have a fifth one. It was hard enough for me to think of four bad things that happened this weekend. Everything else was simply a straight smile :)
blogger

3 comments:

  1. WAHOO!!! I wish you would have seen Hayward, I secretly kinda have a crush on him. Austin has a friend that looks like an offspring of Kirilenko it's so great. I'm glad you had such a fun weekend! I better see you when you come home again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it was fun. Why are you coming home next week end? I know the next is for a certain someone's wedding;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luke is coming up on Saturday afternoon for a friends mission report....and then the next weekend is...SAVANNAH'S WEDDING! Wahoooo.

    ReplyDelete